We are passionate about increasing awareness around the issues that affect refugees and people seeking asylum, and promoting an inclusive and welcoming Australia.
We rely on members and supporters to keep up the momentum and assist us in working towards ensuring people seeking asylum are treated justly and compassionately.
There are many ways you can help. Here are just a few:
- Lobby your local member of parliament—send a letter to your representatives about the detention of refugees and your beliefs in an open and welcoming Australia.
- Lead a discussion amongst friends and family—counter the fear mongering by raising awareness of why people seeking asylum might flee their home countries, why they need asylum, and the inhumane treatment of people seeking asylum by Australia.
- Invite us to speak to your community, workplace, school or organisation so we can spread the word about justice for refugees.
- Donate to an organisation (like us!) that is actively supporting people seeking asylum and refugees.
- Share our brochure, website and social media with your family, friends and colleagues.
- Become a member of Justice for Refugees SA and help us expand on what we do to help.
While you’re thinking about what you can do, remember to follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and join our mailing list for updates, information and more ways to get involved.